To acquire an admission in any Indian medical college one should clear the NEET exams conducted by NTA(national testing agency). Any type of mbbs admission is done based on students’ NEET scores.
- There is a merit quota where the admission process is done based on NEET scores respective to students’ social category.
- Management quotas are available for students who couldn’t get through on merit and these admissions demand a high fee structure.
- NRI quota is offered by deemed universities as per the norms of MCI(Medical Council of INDIA).
MBBS admission through NEET counseling
Since 2016 NEET has been made mandatory for most of the medical courses, the counseling process is conducted on the basis of the scores obtained by students in NEET entrance examination. The counseling process is done in three rounds based on NEET scores, choice of registration and availability of seats. All India quota counseling which has 15% of government medical college seats from almost all states iis done by the central government. The state quota(counseling) has 85% of all the government medical college seats and the counseling is conducted by the respective state body of authoritires.
- Students must have cleared NEET entrance with appropriate scores.
- Candidates who are appearing for counseling would not be less than 17 years of age.
- The candidate must have passed 12th exam and in subjects of physics, chemistry and biology must have at least 50% of the score.
- Relaxation is provided for both NEET and 12th marks based on the candidate category.
- In general it’s 50 percentile.
- Physically challenged – 45 percentile
- sc/st(scheduled caste/scheduled tribe) – 40 percentile.
Candidates are strongly advised to bring the following documents along with two or three photocopies of each document without fail during the process of admission.
- NEET scorecard.
- NEET admit card.
- Original 10th and 12th marksheets/passing certificates.
- Community certificate.
- Online registration letter/form.
- Transfer Certificate.
- Passport size and stamp size photograph each three.
- Age proof certificate.
MBBS admission through International students and NRI quota
The Medical Council Of India allocates a percentage of seats for NRI candidates in deemed universities and private medical colleges every year and the allocation of seats is done based on the NEET scores acquired by the candidates. Various rules and regulations are set to make sure that only qualified candidates get through the process. The 15% allocation of seats in deemed universities also involve overseas citizens of India and persons of Indian origin both who come under NRI category.
- All NRI candidates who have cleared National Eligibility-cum-Entraance Test) are all eligible for mbbs admission process through NRI quota.
- The candidate must be of Indian origin settled in a foreign country.
- The candidate must have a valid passport.
- Only bonafield NRIs are eligible for admission.
Candidates are expected to provide the following documents at the time of admission process and in failure to do so may lead to cancellation of candidates registration. Candidates are also advised to carry two to three photocopies of all required documents.
- Student visa
- NEET score card.
- NEET admit card.
- Non Objection Certificate from ministry of affairs (India).
- Migration certificate.
- Embassy certificate of the sponsorer.
- Age proof.
- Passport size photograph(eight copies)
- Community certificate.
MBBS admission through management quota.
Similar to merit admission regulations, management quota admission also follows the same process of NEET based admissions. All private medical institutions provide allocation of seats in management quota category by the norms of National Medical Council. Irrespective of high fee structure every candidate applying for management seats must have a valid NEET score by the allocation of seats are done with consideration of other factors such as availability of seats.
- Candidates must have cleared their 12th examination with 50 percent in subjects physics, chemistry and biology combined.
- It’s mandatory for all candidates to have valid NEET scores.
- Age of the candidate must be at least 17 year of age.
- NEET examination admit card issued by NTC.
- NEET score card issued by NTC.
- Original 10 and 12 mark sheets.
- Birth certificate or any relevant certificate for proof of date of birth of the candidate.