The NEET PG 2022 exam eligibility criteria is announced by the National Testing Agency (NTA). In this article you will be looking about the various eligibility criteria imposed by the official agency. The criteria includes, age limit, educational qualification, number of retakes, etc. The NEET PG exam is taken by the graduated doctors who are aspiring to pursue their master degree in the Indian medical colleges. This is one of the most important prerequisites to join the PG degree. The NEET PG 2022 is scheduled to be conducted on May 31, 2022.
Overall NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
The common NEET PG 2022 eligibility criteria for all the medical degree aspirants are mentioned below,
- The candidate must possess a valid medical graduation degree from any medical college recognized by the Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
- The candidate must have a permanent or provisional MBBS registration certificate. The certificate must be issued by MCI or SMC.
- The candidate must have completed their internship program on or before 31 March 2022.
- The candidates must register for the exam only once.
NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria – AIQ 50% seats
Apart from the general eligibility criteria, the students applying for the AIQ 50% seats, must possess the following eligibility criteria.
- The medical graduates who have graduated from the medical colleges of Jammu and Kashmir, are not eligible for the AIQ 50% seats.
- The candidates who are nominated by the Indian government for studying MBBS in the J&K medical college are eligible for the AIQ 50% seats. The candidates have to submit the duly signed affidavit, stating that they are nominated by the Indian government to study in J&K medical college.
NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Medical Graduates
As there is 15% of seats reserved for the foreign medical graduates, the eligibility criteria for them is also listed by the MCI. They are as follows,
- They must have completed medical graduation from any recognized international medical college.
- The candidates must have cleared the FMGE, screening test conducted by the NBE.
- The medical graduates must have registered themselves with MCI.
- The aspirant must have completed their internship on or before 31, March 2022.
NEET PG 2022 Eligibility Criteria For Foreign Nationals
The foreign nationals, who are interested in studying for a PG degree in an Indian medical college, have to possess the following eligibility criteria.
- Temporary registration with the National Medical Commission (NMC) is mandatory for the foreign nationals to appear for the NEET PG 2022.
- This temporary registration is valid only for the post graduation tenure. Thus you have to pay the registration fee to get yourself registered.
- To acquire a temporary registration, they must be registered in their country also.
NEET PG 2022 Reservation Criteria
The NEET PG exam is the only entrance exam conducted in India to offer admission for the MD/MS courses in the medical colleges. The counseling is conducted in two forms: AIQ counseling and state counseling.
The reservation for the NEET PG 2022 is given below,
|1||OBC (Non-creamy layer)||27%|
NEET PG 2022 Qualifying Marks Criteria
Inorder to qualify the NEET PG 2022, the student must have scores above the mentioned percentage.
- How can candidates be eligible to get temporary registration?
The international medical graduates are eligible for receiving the temporary registration from the NMC.
- When will the authorities conduct NEET PG 2022?
The NEET PG 2022 exam is scheduled to be conducted on May 21, 2022.
- What is the criteria for an internship as per NEET PG 2022 eligibility criteria?
As per the medical council of India, the candidate must have completed their internship on or before 31, March 2022.
- Can medical graduates apply for the NEET PG 2022 twice?
The medical graduates can apply for the NEET PG 2022 only once. If the application is submitted twice, the application will be rejected.