Bangladesh Medical CollegeDhanmondi, Dhaka
Established in 1986, Bangladesh Medical College is the oldest highly-renowned private medical school in Bangladesh, located in Dhanmondi, Dhaka. It is affiliated with University of Dhaka as a constituent college. The college and hospital are run by Bangladesh Medical Studies and Research Institute (BMSRI) which is a non political and non profitable organization.
Bangladesh Medical College (BMC) is the first private medical college in Bangladesh which was imbued with the ideas of providing quality medical education, research and services to people of the country at reasonable cost.
• Community Medicine
• Forensic Medicine
• Gynae & Obst.
• Neuro Medicine
• Orthopedics Surgery
• Radiology And Imaging
• Radiotherapy & Oncology
• Transfusion Medicine
- Two 6 storied buildings with arrangements for 500 inpatients
- Modern Accident and Emergency Department
- Large and modern mobile hospital with a
- Fully air conditioned operation theatre
- Patient examination and treatment arrangements
- 5 Large fully air conditioned class rooms with closed circuit televisions for lectures
- Departmental tutorial rooms
- Fully air conditioned Anatomy Dissection Hall
- Laboratories of various departments well equipped with instruments.
- Audiovisual Equipment
Multimedia projectors and computers for teaching
- Modern fully air conditioned library
- Expensive latest monographs
- Medical Education Unit (MEU
- Fax, Internet and E-mail
- MEDLINE database (1966 to current)
The College and the attached Hospital Campus are accommodated in two 6 storied buildings with arrangements for 500 inpatients, located at Dhanmondi, Dhaka-1209, Bangladesh. The new building of the Hospital, called the Community Welfare and Health Care Centre (CWHCC), is built to international standards.
Interested in Bangladesh Medical College, Dhanmondi? Admissions officers are waiting to hear from you!