Top Dental Colleges in India: Indian Dental colleges are well known among the medical education aspirants due to its standardized education system and the education facilities provided by them. Dental education deals with the oral health maintenance and other diseases related to teeth, jaws, gums and facial tissues. There are nearly 300 dental colleges present in India and they are accredited by the Dental Council of India (DCI). The BDS course duration is 5 years in India and the fee structure will be approximately around INR 1,00,000 to INR 4,00,000 per annum. The dental specializations provided by the Indian colleges are given below.
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral Pathology
- Oral Medicine and Radiology
- Public Health
- Radiology & Imaging Science
BDS Eligibility Criteria
To pursue a BDS course in India, the student must possess the following eligibility criteria.
- The students must have completed school education with Biology, physics, and chemistry subjects as a part of their curriculum.
- They must have an aggregate of 50% marks in their qualifying exam.
- The candidates must have cleared NEET exam with the qualifying percentage.
- The aspirant must be at least 17 years old to appear for the NEET exam.
BDS Admission Procedure:
The BDS admission process can be categorized under 5 stages.
- NEET examination: the aspirant has to appear for the NEET exam and clear the exam with qualifying scores as per their category.
- Counseling registration: the candidates have to register for the counseling procedure on or before the deadline. This is a paid process and the registration fee varies between the states from INR 500 to INR 2500.
- Round 1 counseling: Once the candidates are called in for the counseling they have to select the college of their choice during their slot. If the seats are available the candidates will be allotted with BDS seats. If not, the candidate has to move on to the second round of counseling.
- Round 2 counseling: After the first round of counseling, the same process will be repeated and the candidate will be allotted admission. If he/she misses out their chance, they can try to get their admission through the Mop round
- Mop-up round: This is the last round of counseling for the merit BDS admission. Here all the rejected seats and the unfilled seats will be put up for counseling. The students have to follow the same process for getting admission in the BDS colleges.
Best BDS colleges in India
|NIRF Ranking 2021||Name of the college||Scores||Fee Gov Quota/annum||Fee Management Quota/annum|
|1||Manipal College of Dental Sciences,Udupi, Karnataka||81.3||3.05 Lakhs||14 Lakhs|
|2||Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune, Maharashtra||80.72||3.08 Lakhs||13 Lakhs|
|3||Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai, Tamil Nadu||78.33||4 Lakhs||14.80 Lakhs|
|4||Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Delhi||77.57||3.04 Lakhs||14 Lakhs|
|5||King George’s Medical University||71.78||4.10 Lakhs||13.74 Lakhs|
|6||A. B. S. M. Institute of Dental Sciences, Mangaluru, Karnataka||70.95||3.80 Lakhs||14.30 Lakhs|
|7||Manipal College of Dental Sciences, Mangalore, Karnataka||70.33||3 Lakhs||12.50 Lakhs|
|8||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education And Research, Chennai, Tamil Nadu||64.33||3.20 Lakhs||12.61 Lakhs|
|9||SDM College of Dental Sciences & Hospital||63.69||3 Lakhs||12.72 Lakhs|
|10||SRM Dental College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu||63.57||3.12 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|
|11||Nair Hospital Dental College, Mumbai, Maharashtra||62.73||3.67 Lakhs||13.15 Lakhs|
|12||JSS Dental College and Hospital, Mysuru, Karnataka||62.19||3.16 Lakhs||14.34 Lakhs|
|13||Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu||61.44||3 Lakhs||12.78 Lakhs|
|14||Siksha `O` Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar, Odisha||61.14||3.04 Lakhs||13.78 Lakhs|
|15||M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore, Karnataka||61.06||3.10 Lakhs||13.22 Lakhs|
|16||Postgraduate Institute of Dental Sciences, Rohtak, Haryana||60.61||3.10 Lakhs||12.78 Lakhs|
|17||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar, Odisha||60.56||3 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|
|18||Bapuji Dental College & Hospital, Davangere, Karnataka||59.06||3.60 Lakhs||12.67 Lakhs|
|19||Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha, Maharashtra||58.38||3.70 Lakhs||12.89 Lakhs|
|20||Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi, Delhi||58.32||3 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|
|21||Yenepoya Dental College, Mangaluru, Karnataka||57.69||3.10 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|
|22||Sree Balaji Dental College & Hospital||56.57||3.15 Lakhs||12.53 Lakhs|
|23||Vishnu Dental CollegeMore||54.55||3 Lakhs||12.23 Lakhs|
|24||Meenakshi Academy of Higher Education and Research||54.37||3.70 Lakhs||13.60 Lakhs|
|25||Faculty of Dental Sciences, Institute of Medical Sciences||53.23||3.80 Lakhs||13.78 Lakhs|
|26||Aligarh Muslim University||52.85||3.56 Lakhs||12.45 Lakhs|
|27||Saraswati Dental College & Hospital||52.37||3.12 Lakhs||13 Lakhs|
|28||College of Dental Sciences, Devangere, Karnataka||52.28||3.11 Lakhs||13 Lakhs|
|29||MGV’s Karmaveer Bhausaheb Hiray Dental College, Panchavati, Nashik||52.25||3 Lakhs||12.89 Lakhs|
|30||Army College of Dental Sciences, Secunderabad, Telangana||51.99||3.13 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|
|31||Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences||51.69||3.11 Lakhs||12.78 Lakhs|
|32||Govt. Dental College, Indore||51.66||3 Lakhs||–|
|33||KLE Vishwanath Katti Institute of Dental Sciences, Belgaum, Karnataka||51.61||3.67 Lakhs||12.89 Lakhs|
|34||Maharishi Markandeshwar, Ambala, Haryana||51.46||3 Lakhs||12.78 Lakhs|
|35||M. G. R. Educational and Research Institute, Chennai, Tamil Nadu||51.44||INR 13610/-||–|
|36||Christian Dental College||51.43||INR 48330/-||–|
|37||Raja Rajeswari Dental College & Hospital||51.31||3.1 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|
|38||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences Deemed University||51.09||3 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|
|39||Manav Rachna International Institute of Research & Studies||51.02||3.1 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|
|40||I.T.S. Dental College Hospital & Research Center|||50.87||3 Lakhs||12 Lakhs|