India’s Top 50 Medical Colleges for Admissions 2020
The demand for medical professionals is drastically increasing across the world. Medical aspirants are looking for quality education at affordable fee. India has been added to the priority list as MBBS degree earned at an Indian medical institution has a good reputation.
India has around 560 medical colleges. Studying MBBS in India is considered affordable compared to other developed countries such as US and UK. Most of the renowned institutions in India are government owned. The annual fee in government owned colleges is comparatively low than that of the private colleges. The other reason India is considered as the perfect country for MBBS is in terms of patient exposure as it has a huge increasing population.
Admission for MBBS in India
Admission for all medical courses in India is done through a single entrance test called NEET – National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test. An all India counselling for MBBS admissions is conducted by the Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). The counselling process for MBBS seats is carried out at 2 levels – national level and state level. 15 percent seats categorised as ‘All India Quota Seats’ is filled in the national level and the remaining 85 percent seats is filled by counselling conducted in the state level.
- Candidates must have completed at least 10+2 level of education with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects with English.
- The minimum score requirement may vary but General candidates must have scored at least 50% marks in the Intermediate examination.
- For candidates belonging to the reserved category, the minimum percentage required is 40%.
- The lower age limit to apply for medical programme is 17 years and the upper age limit is 25 years
- Candidates must also have qualified in National Eligibility cum Entrance Exam (NEET) for the admissions.
Top MBBS Colleges in India
|1||AIIMS New Delhi|
|5||Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow|
|6||IMS BHU, Varanasi|
|7||Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kochi|
|8||Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry|
|9||Kasturba Medical College, Manipal|
|10||King George`s Medical University, Lucknow|
|11||Institute of Liver and Biliary Sciences, New Delhi|
|12||Madras Medical College and Government General Hospital, Chennai|
|13||Sri Ramachandra Institute of Higher Education And Research, Chennai|
|14||St. John’s Medical College, Bengaluru|
|15||Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh|
|16||Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi|
|17||Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi|
|19||University College of Medical Sciences, Delhi|
|20||JSS Medical College, Mysore|
|21||Kasturba Medical College, Mangaluru|
|22||Jamia Hamdard, New Delhi|
|23||Siksha `O` Anusandhan, Bhubaneswar|
|24||Dr. D. Y. Patil Vidyapeeth, Pune|
|25||Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh|
|26||Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana|
|27||Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Jaipur|
|28||PSG Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Coimbatore|
|29||Datta Meghe Institute of Medical Sciences, Wardha|
|30||M. S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bengaluru|
|31||S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai|
|32||Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, Bhubaneswar|
|33||Maharishi Markandeshwar, Ambala|
|34||Saveetha Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences, Chennai|
|35||Annamalai University, Annamalainagar|
|36||K. S. Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru|
|37||Krishna Institute of Medical Sciences, Karad|
|38||Sri Venkateswara Institute of Medical Sciences, Tirupati|
|39||Regional Institute of Medical Sciences, Imphal West, Manipur|
|40||Mahatma Gandhi Medical College and Research Institute, Puducherry|
|41||Grant Government Medical College, Mumbai|
|42||Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai|
|43||BJ Medical College, Pune|
|44||Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College, Mumbai|
|45||R. G. Kar Medical College and Hospital, Kolkata|
|46||Topiwala National Medical College and Nair Hospital, Mumbai|
|47||Calcutta National Medical College, Kolkata|
|48||Era’s Lucknow Medical College and Hospital, Lucknow|
|49||Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad|
|50||Andhra Medical College, Visakhapatnam|